




This is what we left behind. Casper had gotten snow the night before, so we woke up to a snow covered backyard. It looks pretty now, but then it gets all blown into drifts, and turns brown. I'm all for no snow after Christmas. So ready for spring. The weather in St. George did not disappoint. So beautiful, and their trees are starting to get those popcorn blossoms on them. I LOVE St. George!
Anyway, Wednesday morning, we got to go see my cute Grandma who is now in a nursing home. It was a little (okay, a lot) heartbreaking to see her, and not have her truly know who I am. She did get to see Grant and we took a picture:

Now we can say that he has met his great grandma. I just wish that this could have happened a few years ago, so she could love on him like I always imagined she would. Oh well. I just count my blessings that she was still here with us when we had Grant.
Later that day, we stopped in Payson to see one of my old college friends. We graduated together in 2003, and then she had had her first little one. Now she has three! So crazy! She also just added a pug to her family:

Cooper looks so huge compared to this little guy! His name is Po, and I don't think Cooper was ever that little. He weighed just nothing, and seemed to like Grant's Jacket:

We managed to get pics with Grandparents this time. Particuluarly with Grandma's. Grant saw three Grandmas in one day. Here Grant is with my mom:

and with James' mom:

Thursday we spent the day with the Killpack's and just relaxed. We actually tried to take Grant on walk in Snow Canyon where the weather was so perfect. But Grant would not have it. For some reason, he did not like being in his stroller, and he cried nearly the whole time. Near the end of the walk, he calmed down and decided that the walk wasn't so bad after all, but wouldn't ya know, he stopped at the end!
Later that night, James, Grant, and I met my mom and Kirk at an ice cream place in town. Grant can't have dairy yet, but he really liked drinking water from the straw. I would plug up one end with my finger to keep some water in the straw, and then let it drip into his mouth. He could not get enough of that! It was so fun to watch.
Friday, was so interesting. Our plans seemed to change as the day went on. We were going to go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and then I found out that that was too far, so then we were going to Tooweap (Tuweap? I have no clue how to spell this!) And by the time I was ready to go, and had gotten Grant ready, the plan changed to Kolob. We started out by going to the St. George temple visitors center to see the new Joseph Smith movie (which by the way is really good!) We thought it would be just a half an hour, oh no! It lasted about an hour and a half! So when we left, we were really hungry for lunch. We thought In and Out Burger might be a good place to go. Well so did everyone else in town! We turned into the parking lot, and were waiting to turn right, when a truck pulling a trailor started to turn left, but he turned to sharp, and his trailor didn't make the turn as wide, so it hit the back of my father in law's truck. The person who did this didn't have his license with him, so we had to wait forever for the police to show up, and ya da, ya da, ya da. When we were finally free to go, we had been in the parking lot for two hours, and we were so ready to leave. We ended up just going home. It was too bad too. I really like Kolob, and I bet we could have taken some great pics of Grant.
Saturday finally came! I went to see my mom and go shopping. We had our usual shopping day. Starts out in the morning, we grab lunch, and then based on what we need, we will continue shopping or just go home. Love shopping dates with my mom. We've done them ever since I was a kid. Fun tradition to have, I only wish we could do it more often. Maybe when we move back to Utah! Anyway, Grant needed some church clothes, a swimsuit, and some shorts, which I found at Target! (LOVE that store!) We also managed to find some clothes for me for spring! It was just a fun day!
Grant also has a new trick. He's big into crawling and will do this nifty trick with a book. Who needs a skate board, when you could have a hand board? He does this all day, and will get upset when the book gets stuck on the ridge between the carpet and the kitchen floor. Too funny!
Honestly, I cannot believe how fast the time went! It seems like we just barely got down there. It was so fun! The weather was gorgeous, and I love the brightness there. Everything seems bright and cheery, and there is a happy atmosphere there. Can't wait to go back! Thanks to our families for everything!
3 comments:
I'm glad the rest of your trip went well Jaim. It was sooo fun to see you guys again. Thanks for stopping by. We really need to do it again!
So fun!! How wonderful to get to go someplace warm!!! Glad everything went well and Grant is a good travel buddy, it makes the trip sooo much easier!
I'm so glad that you got to see Grandma. She's not the same, is she. So sad. But we love her none the less. Sorry we coldn't make it down there. Everyone was sick for spring break at our house... hence the reason that I haven't updated our blog yet. Love and miss you !
Post a Comment