CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Where to Begin....


I so need to catch up on my blogging! I have to admit...I have let my blog fall by the wayside. But with my two little ones running around and working part time, when I do have free time, reading a book usually wins out. So I will catch up as best as I can. So here goes...

When Grant gets tired he can just fall asleep anywhere. I envy this talent. This happened in mid July. I would begin to notice Grant getting tired, and pull out the secret weapon: the ending credits and instrumental music at the end of a movie. He would watch the names at the end of the movie, and fall right to sleep. Too cute!

Six months the charm:





These pics were taken when Audrey was just six months old. At this time she had cut her two bottom teeth. She weighed 20 pounds and 8.5 ounces and was in the 100th percentile for weight, and 97th for heighth.
...
I still need to catch up on our summer. This past July, after my sister moved to Evanston, my parents surprised me by stopping by and staying with us. I adore the times my family gets to come and see my babies. It is time well spent. They dropped by at about 8 in the evening, and stayed till 10 in the morning. James and I got to serve them breakfast. It was fun to have them in our home to love on our babies. Even though it was a quick trip, it was time well spent.


Audrey Update (Audrey at 10 months):

Audrey loves to crawl. She is everywhere these days. She is such a fun baby! She loves to eat oatmeal, and those Gerber Puffs. She eats them by the handfuls. I think she would turn into one if we let her! She loves to "dance." When we sing a song, or hear a funny song, she will bob her head around to the music. It is so cute! Also, she loves the song The Wheels on the Bus. She can move her arms around like the wheels whenever we sing it. Her brother also loves this song, so it gets sung a lot at our house. It's way fun, and I love it! Audrey is getting more hair on her head these days. When she was eight months old, I started to put little clips in her hair. They barely hung on to the few strands of hair that were long enough to keep it in. She looked way cute in it though:










Grant and Audrey are also playing more together now than they used too. Of course, Audrey was just so little, so now that she is getting bigger, Grant is noticing more this little person with a lively personality! They love to laugh together, which has to be my favorite sound. Now, don't get me wrong, Grant and Audrey don't always get along. Sometimes Grant plays a little to rough, or sometimes he just plain hits her (which he goes directly to Time Out, whenever he does), but when they do play together, it's fun to see. These pics were one of the first few times that Grant decided to have something to do with Audrey:












Now that Audrey is bigger, she is definitely out of the infant tub, so we have been bathing the kids together. I'm sure they will LOVE these pics when they get older:





Cooper and Audrey seem to get a long much better than Grant and Cooper. I think it may be bacause when we brought Grant home from the hospital, Cooper was exiled from our bedroom at night to the living room. I don't think he has ever forgiven Grant of this. When we brought Audrey home, he still could come in our bedroom. Cooper is very nice towards Audrey. He has never pounced on her (well, he never did with Grant either) he just seems to have more to do with Audrey than he did with Grant if that makes sense.

I found some nesting blocks in my old teaching stuff, and Grant and I stacked them up. I think it's funny that he is just the same size as the blocks when they are all stacked! Too funny!

0 comments: