CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Look Into Our Days





I love spending my time with my kids. They are a lively pair, and they keep me on my toes to say the least. I leave the room for one minute and can find them in the cutest situations. Case in point, the picture below:







Audrey got herself into this position voluntarily. She loves to climb into things. We have a wagon that she loves to get rides in, she loves to sit on the dishwasher door, and she loves to get into any container big enough to hold her! She is quite the character.










Audrey is growing up so fast. She took her first steps on February 11th, being enticed by a cookie. She isn't sold on the walking full time yet, so she is still very much a crawler. As of today, though, she took five consecutive steps in between furniture. She knows some words already! She can say juice, dad, and can wave hello, and goodbye. Still no "mom" yet, although we are working on it!
The day finally came when Audrey just got too big for the infant carseat. We, of course, followed the rules where she has to be one, and meet the weight requirement as well. This meant that for Grant we had to get him a new chair, which caused some excitement at our house:
Grant and Audrey have an interesting relationship. Audrey wants everything to do with Grant, Grant doesn't really want anything to do with Audrey. Occassionally, they have their moments. It's too bad these two have to grow up! I love thinking that all they need right now to make them happy, is a new car seat chair!
Of course, we had our Valentines Day. James and I gave the kids a little treat at the beginning of the day. We ate heart shaped pancakes on heart covered plates. We gave them each a Valentine book, and a heart shaped magna doodle. We had so much fun this year with the kids. Grant helped me make cupcakes:
He actually was a pretty good helper. He also likes to watch me make dinner. I will grab a pan and some salt and pepper, and a spoon and he has a great time pretending to make something. I love having him in the kitchen, watching my every move. It's fun.
Audrey was sick on her birthday, so we gave her a Valentine cupcake for her to go to town on. Boy, did she! She was quite the mess after she was done:

2 comments:

The Mama said...

Wow, I cannot believe how big your kids are getting! Audrey is simply beautiful, and I am loving Grant's curly hair! Hope you are doing well!;)

Lyndi Daly said...

WAY TO GO JAIME!!!! You are catching up on your blog! I have big plans to do the same! Cross your fingers:) Your family is darling! I miss you guys so much! I wish we could have been there for Audrey's birthday! I can't believe she is walking! And Grant is so big! sigh...Why do they grow so fast? McKinley asked about cooper the other day...funny what they remember:) I think I will call you so this post isn't forever long:) Talk to you tomorrow hopefully! CUTE CUTE FAMILY!!!