CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mr. No Bottle

Love being off of work. I have to say, staying home is agreeing with me and Grant. We are making headway on his goal of getting weaned off the bottle. He's doing pretty good, it's just taking some getting used too.


We made it through 2 days of being off of it, except on Saturday, when I had to go to a Primary activity, I came back to an exhausted James, and the story of how Grant wouldn't stop crying till he got a bottle, and how he spilled everyting in the sippy cup down himself. That's been the only relapse and I have to say, I hope it lasts!
Grant also this week had his first homemade chocolate chip cookie which he LOVED! I love finding out all the things Grant will eat (although frustrated at finding out what he won't!) So far, spaghetti takes the number 1 favorite spot.




This past Saturday on the 30th of May, Grant also went to his first birthday party. Our friends the Daly's have a little girl who turned one just after Grant. It's funny because Grant was the only boy there, surrounded by all of these one year old girls.


My boy loves to be read too. McKinley received some books at her party and Grant just couldn't help himself. He had to find out what those books were about!



The party was way fun, and Grant had a good time. Thanks to Lyndi for inviting us!

One day, I found Grant in the kitchen with two of his favorite toys. I thought this was pretty innovative that he thought of a way to play with both at the same time!

We have yet to see a true summer day in Casper. And by true summer day, I mean nice and warm and having to wear shorts because its too hot. Yeah, we didn't make it out of the 40s today. It rained and we are supposed to see more of this mild weather this week. Isn't winter supposed to be OVER? :)

4 comments:

Holly said...

Yippy!!! That is so exciting for Grant. Congratulations buddy. Hope you all are doing good.

The Walch Family said...

Yay Grant!!! Good for you! He's growing up so dang fast, I can't believe it. Miss you and love you!

The Walch Family said...

Hey Miss! Am I still looking at the right thing for your blog? You are so diligent in keeping it updated... I am just curious as this is the last post that I keep seeing. Do you know if everything is okay with it, or am I looking at the wrong thing.

Steph said...

Cute little guy! Or should I say BIG guy?! He is too big. Why can't they just stay little:)?