CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Mommy of Two


So far, I have adored being a mother of two healthy happy kids! Grant has been warming up to Audrey in that he no longer cries when she does, and he will gently pat her. I have been trying in these past few weeks of giving Grant some extra TLC, since I know he is probably confused about our new addition. We have read more books, played with more puzzles, sang more songs, and shared more treats than when he was just by himself. It's fun to watch him do new things. This week he fed himself the banana:



This is a huge feat, since he always comes to us and wants us to feed it to him. My little baby boy is growing up.
I am amazed at how fast little babies grow. I had forgotten with Grant, but I am reminded of this fact with Audrey. This outfit swam on her on when she was first brought home from the hospital three weeks ago. Now look at it:



It totally is too small! so not even fair!

She is a pretty little girl though!
So sweet! I love her chubby cheeks, and she has got a double chin. Audrey is growing so fast and has been to the doctor twice this week. The first was for her well-baby check up which she is indeed growing and developing at a healthy pace. She weighed 9 pounds 8 ounces at her two week check up. We also had to go back to the doctor this week because she has a goopy left eye, which we are taking care of with drops. So far both of my kids have followed suit-well baby visit, than something happens in the same week, and then we have to go back! Too funny!


James and I have been a little (okay, a lot) sleep deprived in the past few weeks. I don't know what it is about hospitals, but both of my babies have slept super well in the basinette at the hospital, and then we bring them home, and they want nothing to do with their basinettes. Finally, we have Audrey sleeping in the basinette, but for only a few hours at a time. I will take that though. Grant would only stay in his basinette for minutes at a time, before he finally would go for a few hour stretch.





Back to work has proven to be a challenge. I hate leaving in the morning, especially when I am feeding her. I am fine though, once I get in to work. :) My first week back wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. James is making a huge purchase at his job, and is having to stay home and work on it, so he can get it done. So Grant and Audrey have been home with Dad my first week back. It helps put my mind at ease, but it is still hard to leave in the morning. I know Audrey is in good hands:

I love these new born yawns!

3 comments:

Lyndi Daly said...

You are an amazing mother!!! It was fun to have you over today! McKinley can't stop talking about holding and cuddling Audrey:)

Kylee said...

She is so cute. Hope I can hold her soon and Grant looks so big! Love you lots!!!! :)

Steph said...

Yeah. Huge bummer on the sleep thing. We still don't have it perfected, but it is manageable now. He is jsut a crazy man! We had no sleep issues with our other two. Brayden spent the first six months of his life sleeping inhis car seat beacuase he would NOT do the basinette thing:) Whatever works. . .