One of the many things I am grateful for, especially now that I have two kids, are grandparents! They are wonderful! During my maternity leave, both sets of grandparents came all the way to Casper to see our new addition! So grateful for this. I can't wait till we live closer, so visits from grandparents aren't so few and far between! Grant loved having them here, and I love that they got to see Audrey when she is still a newborn. I am writing this later than when it happened, and looking at these pictures make me realize that Audrey has already changed so much!James' parents came up the first week in February. They stayed two nights before heading back to Utah, to go to baby Madison's blessing. Audrey has a cousin who is one month older than she is. Lucky girl! I felt spoiled by their visit. It was lovely to have someone else take care of babies while I could do other things. Grandma Shauna was wonderful with Audrey, and seemed to calm her down when she got to be fussy. Grandmas are amazing! They bought Audrey this cute little cherry outfit:
and they bought Grant one of his favorite things... a book! "Are You My Mother?" by Dr. Suess is now one of our favorites. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Killpack for visiting us when the baby was just a few weeks old! So glad you got to see her when she was still little!
Grant also enjoyed a little extra attention from Grandma and Grandpa. I love these pics of Grandpa Killpack playing with Grant. Too fun!
We also got a surprise visit from the other set of grandparents. My family, who was up in Logan for my cousin's farewell, decided spur-of-the-moment to take the extra six hour drive so they could see Audrey. Oh my goodness, to this day, I am so glad they got to come and see Audrey, when she was a new baby. I think my mom loved that she got to see her too!
We had a good visit. They arrived late on Sunday night. Audrey and Grant were asleep when they arrived at 9:45. Audrey must have sensed that someone was coming, so she woke up at 11:00 and my mom got to see her for the first time.
She even managed to give Audrey a bottle. I love grandparents. In case, I haven't mentioned that enough in this post!
I love how Audrey is looking at my mom in this picture. Too cute! We are so grateful to our families for taking the time to come see our newest addition.
Meanwhile....
Audrey turned one month old. She has already changed so much. She has gotten so big!



2 comments:
I agree with you on the grand parents business! I hope I can be an AWESOME one someday! This is a really cute little update:)
I love this post and I so cant believe how big the baby is getting.. She is a doll and Grant is very handsome. So.. will you teach me how to print out my blog???
Post a Comment