Every year the Killpack's have a reunion, and this year it took place on July 1st through July 5th. We went camping in Huntington Canyon in Utah. I have to recall last years reunion...we went camping at Ferron Reservior. Grant was about 15 months old. He had just learned to walk, and he was everywhere. This year, being one year older, things were not too much different. Oh wait...I guess things were different... he was much faster this year than he was last. James and I were busy keeping track of him pretty much the whole time we were there. Relaxing in chairs while surrounded by trees, and chatting with family? Didn't happen too often. If one of us wasn't chasing after Grant, we were caring for Audrey! The Killpack's were so nice and let us stay in their trailer. If it weren't for that, I don't know that we would have gone!
Anyway, the ride down was interesting for the first few hours. The kids were ornery that first little bit. I moved to the back to entertain them, and that seemed to help. After that, they were just fine! Grant's really easy to entertain in the car. And Audrey is loving her frog toy these days. We stayed our first night at James' brothers house in Lindon. So glad we got to break up the trip a little, and stay there. And their kids were super cute with Grant and Audrey. It was so cute to see them try to entertain my babies! Such cute kids!
We woke up as early as we could, and packed up the car. I'm always amazed at how much STUFF we have to cart around for just one night. James ends up unpacking and packing it all. It is a job! The ride up was fine, and then we got there and things got interesting! Grant was so hard to manage. He just wants to run! He's not really one to do what he is told yet...it's that communication thing. He ran everywhere. James and I were exhausted chasing after him. The first night there was interesting as well. Grant usually has a bath, vitamins, milk and has a story read to him, and then he goes to bed. Well....Grant really wanted nothing to do with the routine. James and I had the toughest time getting that kiddo to go to sleep. James and I were so tired chasing after him... James mentioned later that we almost went home after that first night. For James to say this, he must have really been done!Grant was everywhere. Robert volunteered to walk after him, so James and I could sit and enjoy the mountains for a bit. Needless to say, this only lasted for about 5 minutes, before it started to rain. Oh well...
Of all the places Grant wanted to walk, he picked the bathrooms. Yuck...
One of the ways we survived being up there was taking long car trips in the day. This was our only time for James and I to relax. We had sleepless nights up there, and chasing after Grant was tiring to say the least. So...we packed up the kids and drove. One of the places we went to was this lake. I had James get in there with Audrey.
When we first arrived, I grabbed the camera and had Audrey sit with practically everyone. I love her bald head. She wore a hat most of the time.
Our trip wouldn't be complete without Grant's first ride on the four wheeler. James just went around our campsite. I think Grant enjoyed it...He pretty much looked the same the whole ride! Oh well...many more four wheeling rides to come.
Hmmmmm.... lets see.....:)
16 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment