CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grant Speaks?


All right, I know what you are thinking! How can your five month old already be talking? Well, let me tell ya. Every Wednesday we have the Physical Therapist come over to our house to teach me exercises to do with Grant and to make sure he is developmentally there. Well, last Wednesday was sort of crazy. When I got home at 12:30 Grant has already eaten and taken a nap, and he would be ready for another bottle and nap at about 3:00 when the Physical Therapist would be there. So he was up and at it right until the PT came, and then he started to get cranky and upset. Grant always works really hard during these sessions and today he was really working hard and getting especially tired. Near the end of the session, the PT was giving him a neck stretch and Grant really has a hard time tolerating these stretches. He started to get really frustrated and SAID "mom." The PT heard this and said that because he was getting mad and tired he really wanted his mom. I heard this and would have dismissed it as another coo or a babble, but my PT, who really knows her stuff about babies, insists that he spoke his first word. He hasn't said it since (he hasn't been that cranky since then), but I love knowing that when everyone said that he'd for sure say "da-da" first no matter how hard I tried, he knows who his mom is and how to say it! My months of saying Mama over and over must be finally paying off!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Grant is such a doll. I am glad he said mom first. Once they start saying it there are times after that you wish they never learned. Sometimes that is the only word I hear all day. MOM, MOM, MOM. It is all good. Have a great day. Thanks for tagging me.

Kylee said...

He is so cute!!! I love you! See you soon.

The Walch Family said...

2So you see, all of your hard work paid off ! Mom... write it down in his book that it was his first word. That's so awesome ! He's such a doll and we love you all !
Our photos got cancelled this week because it rained all day yesterday. Oh well, there's always next week !
Love you
Colleen

Steph said...

OK. That is awesome!