CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Missionaries, Music boxes, and Home

Well, our week started off with feeding the missionaries on Monday night. What a great Family Home Evening to have. Although, I have to say, I was monsterously tired by the time I was finished! I made oven fried chicken with cream gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, and and garlic zucchini and squash, and rolls. We served cheesecake for dessert. And I have to say, I made so much that we ended up having leftovers this week. I loved the spirit that the missionaries brought into our home, and I love our ward for always providing this opportunity. We never had the pleasure of doing this when we lived in Utah.







One thing that Grant has enjoyed himself doing is leading me down the hallway to his room so he can play with this music box we got when he was born. He is enthralled with this! As soon as we get to his room he is looking up and reaching for the music box on his bookcase. I sit in the glider rocker, wind it up, and let it play for him, and he loves it. I think he really likes music. It seems to calm him down a lot. (Well, he's pretty mellow to begin with :) )





This week was a short week for me work wise. I ended up staying home with a sore throat on Thursday. I don't know what it is, but when I am pregnant the sore throats come in droves. I think someday the day may come where I need to get the ol' tonsils out. So annoying. Anyway, Grant and I enjoyed our morning together by taking a walk, and then later on visiting Daddy while I went and had the throat culture done. All is well, and today (Saturday) I think it is finally gone. I wonder how many more of these I will get before the end of the year?

0 comments: