CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Feverish...



This past weekend was crazy to say the least. I had a lot to think about as I headed into the weekend. Since we have had Audrey, it has been in the back of mind to do a new family picture with her in it. And of course, I can never decide what we are going to wear. So James and I planned an impromptu trip to the store to get everyone somewhat matching shirts/outfits for this photo session that we planned on Saturday. James thought maybe it would be a good idea to do it outside. So...Saturday arrived...a little dreary when I first woke up at 5:30 in the morning to get myself ready first, so then I could think about kids. Our photo shoot was at 9 a.m. And it turned out to be everything I thought it would be and more. CRAZY! First off, Grant just plain got up on the wrong side of the bed. He was acting strange. Not eating his morning banana/breakfast, and just being plain crabby. James and I in our frenzy to get ready just blamed it on his mood that morning. When we arrived at our destination, the park, Grant just wanted to move. He wanted to play on anything and everything while we waited for our photographer to set up her equipment. That's fine. He just wasn't quite ready to join us when the time came to actually shoot our pictures. We sat down on some rocks, and poor Grant. As our shoot was progressing his poor nose was getting runnier and runnier. Me and my thinking, is that he was running around in the not so warm weather and this was making his nose run. We managed to get some of James and Audrey, James and Grant, me and Audrey, and me and Grant. The whole family? Didn't happen! Grant's nose was just OUT OF CONTROL! We left about an hour and a half later, and right when we got home, we put Grant to bed. This is when things started to get interesting. When Grant got up from his nap, James went in to get him, and noticed that he didn't feel right. He started to take Grant's temperature, and while that digital thermometer kept going up, James kept saying, "Wow-he is really sick! Could this be right? 103.9. I called the doctor and of course got his answering service. Kay, before I go on, I have to say, that Grant getting a fever terrifies me. He has already had brain trauma and suffered seizures-anything to stop this temp. from going up has to be done immediately, and I wanted answers right then and there. So I chatted with the answering service person, who told me that they had to fax Denver, and did I really want to do this? Uh...Yeah-I do. I said, "yes, whatever, just tell me what I should do!" And she quite rudely told me to calm down. I just ignored this comment, while she told me that a nurse will get back to me in 30 minutes. The 30 minutes c ame and went. Meanwhile we put Grant in the tub, and got his temp to come down a few degrees. Forty minutes later, I was back on the phone with the same lady who said she would fax our info again. Frustrating. We finally got a nurse to tell us to give him some motrin, (which we already did) and she said that little toddlers if they still have a fever in three days to go to the doctor. Grant was feeling a little better by Monday, but the fever was still going strong. We took him to the doctor on Monday and found out he had coxiache virus, and a slight ear infection. Poor boy. I can't imagine having a 104 degree fever. He got some anitbiotics for his ear, and now he is so much better.

3 comments:

The Mama said...

It has been way too long since I looked at your blog! First off, your new family pic is too precious for words. I especially love that Cooper is in there too. He blends in, and it took me a minute to find him. :) I can't believe all of Grant's curly hair, so cute! And your Audrey is adorable! How did she get so chunky? :)

Jenny said...

Love your new family pictures so cute :)

Brinda said...

That's scary about the fever, I'm glad Grant is okay! Your family picture is really cute! I'm so glad for blogging so we can keep up :)