CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grant's Second


I can hardly believe that my baby boy is now two years old. Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday that we were celebrating his first birthday. Grant had quite an eventful April. We had a family party for him on April 8th-his actual birthday. His day started off with a pancake shaped like a two-a tradition in our household. He received a new shirt to wear for the day, and he also received his present from James and I:



A big red wagon. Grant has a small wagon that he likes to pull around the house. He even likes to get in it and sit and read books. But it is too small. We thought he would enjoy this big wagon. We were right.
The weekend after his family party, James and I decided that Audrey was just getting too big for the basinet. So we switched things up, by giving Grant his own big boy bed, and Audrey is now in a crib. I had to do some coaxing for Grant to be sold on the bed. I went out and bought some sheets with planes and stars on them, and made a huge deal about finding the stars, and making airplane noises. It worked. Grant decided that being in a bed really isn't so bad. (He threw a major fit when we moved the crib into Audrey's room.)

Grant has been sleeping well in his new big boy bed-the only challenge is keeping him in there. He will stay in there when he is extremely tired, but often times, I will find him asleep on the floor, and I have to go and put him in his bed. Other than that, this move has proven to be a good thing. I think Audrey is also loving the extra room to spread out in her new bed!

The next weekend, I also threw a party for him and his friends on April 17th. Kay, I ended up planning WAY too much for these little ones. Grant loves cars, so our party was car themed. I drew a race track for them to race each other on. I made car coloring pages for each child to make a "car"d for Grant. Sounds like fun to me, but my two year old guests were happy just drawing on the whiteboard with dry erase crayons. It must have been too overwhelming for them. Oh well, live and learn!

Our guests included Caleb Madsen and Elizabeth Linford. Grant received a ton of new toys and books ranging from tractors to bubbles. Thanks for coming you guys! We loved having you!

I couldn't resist this picture of Audrey in one of her buntings. She certainly has grown over the past three months. I love her button nose and chubby cheeks! I also love getting to know her personality. She is a very bubbly baby, and seems to have a smile for everyone!

2 comments:

Lyndi Daly said...

I can't believe how big Audrey is getting!!! I love your new pics! You have a cute family! We should play soon!

The Walch Family said...

Happy Birthday Grant!!! We hope you had a great day!!! Jaime, they are growing up so fast... they both are just darling!!