Waving Training:
Grant is doing something new this week (it seems like this is always the case.) He's starting to wave hello and good bye to people. I had Grant in my lap this past Tuesday, and our laptop was right by us. I have our screen saver set up so it flashes our pictures, kind of like a long slide show. I held Grant's arm, and we would wave hello to all the pictures that flashed on the screen. We did a lot of pics! He would giggle, and have the hugest smile! It was so fun! So now when someone enters a room or leaves, I say, "let's wave hello (or good-bye) and Grant will wave his chubby baby hand. So fun!

Grant loves to stand against his Stand and Learn table. Now he is starting to scoot the table and take a few steps. What happened to my baby? He's getting so big!
Bummer #1:
This Tuesday, I was so looking forward to going to my fourth graders music program. It was being held on Tuesday afternoon at 2:45. I had planned that I would take Grant, since I haven't brought him to school in a while, so I was planning on killing two birds with one stone. Well, at about 10:30 that morning, one of my colleagues reminded me that we have a tutoring meeting that goes from 2:00-5:00. So not only could I not go to the music program, I also had to spend a long afternoon in a meeting. I was so bugged, and bummed, and every other disappointed word that you can think of. My kids totally asked if I went, and I hated saying I didn't come.
Bummer #2:
I love our ward for many reasons, but one of the reasons why I love it so much, is they give us the opportunity to serve dinner to the missionaries. I usually like to do it once a month. The Relief Society will pass around the calendar at the beginning of each month, and ward members can just pick a day. I love it! I wish our wards that we had been in Utah provided this opportunity. Anyway, James and I had planned our meal, and I started to get it ready at about 5 so I could be ready for them at 6. At about quarter till 6, James called and said that he really had to stay late at work and couldn't come home at 6. I was so disappointed. We made sure the missionaries got their dinner, but I so love having them in our home. They bring such an awesome spirit with them every time they come, I was sorry we had to miss them this month!
Bummer #3:
The same night as the missionary dinner (Thursday) I had planned on going visiting teaching. The lady we were going to visit is really hard to get a hold of, but we found a time that worked for all of us. I called my partner late that afternoon, when she informed me that the lady we were going to visit had to cancel and set up a different time. My Thursday night totally freed itself up in a matter of minutes, but I was left feeling disappointed.
Phe-NO-barb:
Phenobarb is the seizure medicine that Grant has been taking every day since he was 7 days old. As he has been growing up the first nine months of his life he has been on the same dose, eventually outgrowing it. We started weening him off of his medicine when he turned 9 months. The doctor told us how to lessen the dose, and tonight (Friday) was his last time ever having to take it! I am so happy that I no longer have to worry about whether or not he has had his phenobarb. Once, I completely forgot, and had to give it to him in the morning when he woke up. What a sleepless night that was! He hasn't shown any more signs of having seizures, so hopefully we can put this all behind us. We will be going back to Denver though, in April, just to see if he is still doing okay.
Grant's Physical therapy went well this week. He is standing up next to things, and is taking steps. Crawling is going a lot better, although he tends to alternate with the army crawl and actually crawling. Something to work on this is week is Grant tends to straighten his legs A LOT! When he sits down, it's with straight legs, and getting them to bend is so hard. He has great tone in his legs, he just prefers to have them straight! One thing the PT suggested I do is play with him while he is in a squat. So that will be practiced this week!
Grant loves to stand against his Stand and Learn table. Now he is starting to scoot the table and take a few steps. What happened to my baby? He's getting so big!



2 comments:
Look at him go. I am sorry that you missed the missionaries, you could have called and I would have came up with you. I love having them in our home as well.
That is so exciting about the medication, AWESOME!!!! If you ever need anything I am here for you. Love you guys.
I really admire you Jamie for your strength and ability to take such good care of Grant. You are such a wonderful Mom, and it doesn't surprise me at all!
Post a Comment