After much anticipation (from James) Grant is finally saying "Da-da." This is a new sound for him, so we are as excited as we can be. Secretly glad though, that he did say,"Mama" first. :)
Grant also learned how to hold the bottle by himself which has already been a huge help:
I can't help feel but a little sad, that he is getting more independent. James is way excited, but I just want him to be little forever!
We are loving 9:00 church. That is the BEST time ever! I think Grant likes it too. He is so much more happier during this time, and he gets pretty tired by the time we are done. He just goes right for his nap when we get home. We are so loving this.
Physical therapy didn't go quite as well this week. Kind of funny how it got started. I had put Grant down for a nap at 2:00 but of course he didn't fall asleep until 2:30. And then, something that never happens! I fell asleep too! Usually, I just sort of rest my eyes, but I never really make it to the full fledged sleep mode, but I actually did! I was watching an old movie and just dozed off, and the next thing I know the physical therapist is at the door calling, "Jaime, Jaime!" I dashed out of the chair and let her in, and got up Groggy Grant who could've used the extra sleep, apologized for having her wait at the door. Crazy. I must have needed it. Yea, things did not go well. She only stayed for 25 minutes this time. Grant usually works pretty hard, but on this day he really could have slept longer. Whenever she comes, she really gives him a workout, and then he's pretty tired by the time she leaves. Not this time! Hopefully next week will be better! He did color for the first time though:

The little scribbles in the bottom middle of the heart are actually Grant's little marks. He did it though, and held the marker all by himself. Good job, Buddy! That was pretty much it. She taught me a song to sing to him to help him to help him get up and crawl. We have been practicing in between sessions. Now he starts to do it when I sing the song:
Grant experienced his first Valentines Day. This year, we exchanged our gifts early. Grant's Valentines Day present was his giraffe, which he still plays with and loves every day. James and I both picked out our own gifts which included for me this fun apron:

and a Blackberry phone for James.(you can actually buy used ones for cheap. He was in desperate need for a new phone, since I dropped mine in water and he gave me his.) He is so sweet. When we were first going out, I had an absolute craving all the time for IBC creme soda and root beer, and he surprised me with that today. So cute. He also gave me red tulips which look beautiful adorning our table, and yummy chocolate cheese cake, and chocolates (can you tell I love chocolate? :) ) A few weeks ago, James found a recipe for frog eye salad, but we couldn't find the right kind of pasta at the store, so I went to another store, found the pasta and other ingredients, and I made it for him for his Valentine's Day gift. We had a great Valentines Day just being together and enjoying our baby. We had an early dinner of Red Lobster which we picked up. I love that Valentines fell on a Saturday this year. I had James take this picture so we can remember Grants first Valentines Day:

Begging...
Sometimes when I get home from work at 12:30 James will surprise me with lunch. On Friday, James brought home a baked potato and salad. Of course, I had to share with Grant since I am trying to get him used to other foods, but then there is also Cooper who just can't help himself:

K, I have a new respect for photographers everywhere. I went in on Thursday to get Grant's 10 month pics (I know I'm bad, I completely missed 6 months, and 9, so we're doing 10 and I will get his year picture taken) . Our appointment was in the afternoon to accommodate my work schedule, so Grant sort of wasn't in the mood. He usually has a nap in between 2 and 2:30. Oh my goodness, we were there until 3, and can I say how hard it is to get little babies to smile? It was such a workout! I found myself, screaming, jumping up and down, singing, making goofy faces, everything to get this little smile to come out of him! It worked, we got some cute ones, which I will be posting here soon (no worries, I have her permission), but I was so exhausted by the time we got home. I think I hit a new record of going to bed: 7:30. I don't know how photographers do it when there are family pictures and no one is there to make them smile!
3 comments:
you are the cutest. I am so glad that you all had a wonderful valentines day. I am glad everything worked out for you guys. I love the law of tithing. I know that we feel the blessings from it every single day of our lives. If you ever need anything just give me a call.
Amen to the tithing thing. Works every time. We've put it to the test MANY times and He always comes thru for us... just like He says. That baby is so cute ! I keep seeing you each time he smiles. He just needs dark curly hair !!! :) Love and miss you. Hey! When are you guys going to be at your mom's house again? We'd love to come and spend some time with you and Steph and the darling little ones !
Looks like life is busy as ever at the Killpacks! I felt bad when I read the part about the physical therapy session. No offense to the gal that comes, but I would be soooo bugged to have to wake myself and my kid up from deep sleep just to color pictures and sing songs for 25 minutes. I wish there was a way you could do the sessions on your own time frame. All of those things that take place at the sessions sound GREAT, but if it cuts in to nap time-sheesh! I would be hating that:)
Post a Comment