CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This Week...

...James went crazy over the Steelers winning the Superbowl! James is a HUGE Steelers fan, and as soon as they won, he ran out our sliding door, yelled, "Yes!"(I'm sure all of Casper heard him) accidentally stepped in one of Cooper's surprises, and tracked it on our carpet. It's kind of funny when you think about it now! (But it wasn't too funny at the time.)

...Grant woke up at 3am (he honestly is a wonderful sleeper, but once in a great while he decides to wake up), and cried for awhile. James gave him a bottle (thanks, Daddy!) and put him back, but he still cried, so I rocked him back to sleep. Loved the time I got to spend with him,(he nestles right into me, I love it!) even though it was so early in the morning. Then as a result of his hard night, he pretty much slept all afternoon, and is still sleeping even as we speak (it's Tuesday night at 6:10, and he went down at 4pm.)
Update...he slept till 4 in the morning. Extremely tired the next day!!! (I was, Grant was fine and had his usual naps throughout the day!)

...Grant can stand up next to things by himself.(To get to the standing position he needs a little help, but he can lean up against things and is fine.) The Physical Therapist told me a good spot to work with him would be next to the couch with one of the cushions off. She asked if she could work with him there for part of his session (yikes!) It wasn't so bad though. We found a ski cap and some of Grant's links. She told me she went to a house that had a half a sandwich in the cushions (gross!), so I feel pretty good about that. Although the entire couch will be cleaned by the next time she comes over! (Pics of this next week!)

...On Thursday, James was around town with Grant in his truck, when he felt a wobble. Then his left rear tire came sailing off just as he was turning off of a busy street. James said he saw the tire just roll right in front of him. Grant and James were fine, and the tire didn't hit anything or anyone, thank goodness, but it sure did a number to the truck's axle, and so now its getting fixed and we are down to one car. Completely grateful that my two boys are okay and nothing more happened. It was perfect timing for it to just come off just as he was getting off a busy street. And they were right next to a gas station, so James didn't have to carry Grant somewhere random. He also didn't have to wait very long for the tow truck to come and get the truck, so it wasn't as stressful as it could have been. This happened 10 minutes before I got off work for the day, so if that darn tire had to come off, I'm glad that it happened at the time that it did. I was able to come and rescue my two boys.

...Grant and Cooper are getting along better. Grant actually wants to be friends, but Cooper is a little slow to reciprocate. However, they do tend to bond whenever food is involved. Grant munches on Gerber Puffs these days, and Cooper can't help himself. He just has to have a few too. Here are few pics of the two of them sharing:





...I think Grant is getting more teeth since he is drooling way more often then he used to, and his appetite has also dropped. He used to eat anything and everything. I can't wait till he gets all his teeth so we can make sure he's getting what he needs. When he does eat adequately I feel it is picture worthy:

He loves pears, (when he has the appetite to eat them!)

3 comments:

The Walch Family said...

Jaime
He is just so darling. I can't stand it ! Oh, I am the one who does Jenna's hair like that by the way. You are doing so good in keeping your blog updated. I hope that I can follow your example. Love and Miss you !

Sarah Hastings said...

Scary about the tire, glad everything worked out fine! Grant is such a cutie!

Lyndi Daly said...

Jaime, talk about a crazy week! I think I did hear James yell:) Grant is so cute! We need to have another play date soon!