CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wahoo! Exciting News!

Such and exciting time in Grant's life! He actually learned to crawl on Wednesday. It happened during a physical therapy session (of course). Grant really works so hard for her! She had a nifty vibrating toy that was new and exciting to him, and he really wanted it. She worked his legs with him, and he took two crawls all by himself. He's not all over the place yet, but he will take about two crawls everytime he tries. The physical therapist gave me some techniques to help him, the only thing with that is he doesn't want help! As soon as I try to move those legs (she wants me to get behind him and move his legs, while he moves his hands) he gets frustrated, and sits up and won't want to. He did that with rolling too. Everytime I tried to assist him, he wouldn't do it, but he did finally do it when my back would be turned, or I'd have my mind on something else. Same thing with crawling. I just put him down on the floor and he ends up doing it on his own. I did manage to get his first crawls on video:





It's not much yet, but we are so proud of him!
Hugs and giggles:

Wednesday morning at about 6 :00 I went to get Grant out of his bed. He usually is so observant of his room, and will look around at everything. But this morning, he gave me the sweetest hug! It was like he was saying, "I'm so glad to see you!" He never does that, and it got my day off to a great start!

Later that day, I made dinner. James wasn't home yet, and I was starving, so I decided to eat. Grant was in his high chair, and he had just eaten. I didn't want to go hunting around the house to find toys to play with, so I gave him the first thing I saw on the kitchen table. The cover to James' phone. I started to eat, and Grant would just break out laughing while he was playing with this cover! I have no clue what was so funny about it, but he sure thought something was! I didn't get it on camera, but I hope by writing it down I will remember. So funny, I love hearing his laugh! Isn't that the cutest sound in the world, little baby laughs? I love it!

Kay, our vacuum that we have had since we lived in Cedar seven years ago, finally gave out on us a few weeks ago. We ordered a new one from Wal-Mart, but we had it delivered from site to store, so we wouldn't have to pay shipping. It finally arrived this week, and not a moment too soon! Our floor was so filthy. We got a bagless one. I know people have to told me that bagless really isn't the way to go, since when you empty it, it all goes up in your face. But on the flip side, how motivating is it to see all the dirt and grossness you pick up? We vacuumed our floor twice the day after we recieved it, and were amazed with how much it picked up. Well, since it did take such long time for it to get here, we had a lot of vacuuming to do! We did the office, Grant's bedroom, and our bedroom then the fuse in our outlets went out! We didn't know what was wrong for few moments, we just knew our vacuum wouldn't work. Who knew you could blow a fuse just from a vacuum?


A few weeks ago I got some pics of Grant at ten months. They turned out pretty cute, but I really had to work to get them! Here are a few of them:

I had a place called Steed's Photography do Grant's pictures, and I am so pleased with the results. Jennifer Steed is so talented and did a great job! She took such great pics it was hard to choose!
Have a great week!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Yea!!! go Grant. That is so exciting. I love it when babies start moving by themselves. I love the pictures, they are so cute.
Hope you have a wonderful week, hope that Grant continues crawling. Love you guys.

Maman Pélissié said...

That's awesome! The pic's are great too!

The Mama said...

Oh, how exciting!! It is so nice when babies are able to move around a bit. Congrats and cute pics too!

The Walch Family said...

Darling Photos... I loved the video of him crawling.. Way to go Baby Grant. Yes.. I agree.. nothing better than baby giggles... ( unless it's a phone call from my missionary !!! ) Can't wait for that first experience ! Love and miss you !
Colleen

Lyndi Daly said...

Wahoo! That is exciting news! It is so fun!!! McKinley is the same way about help:) The pictures are so great! I need to get McKinley's again! We need to have another play date! Good luck at school, and cleaning your house:)