This week I was reminded again of why I gave up scrapbooking. At school we have a birthday lunch or breakfast each month to celebrate the half birthdays and birthdays of the staff. Each teacher and staff member is responsible for one month out of the school year to make something to eat, grab a gift, and to just make it fun for the people having birthdays. The month of March was my month. I had to grab some gifts at the store, and I wanted to make a cute card to go with what I got for them. K, I started at 1:00 right when I got home from work on Monday (my birthday breakfast was on Tuesday morning.) It took me at least an hour just to decide what kind of format I wanted to do, the colors of the paper, which stamps to use, and coordinate my paper with my ink. Then I had to mat everything, type out a message (after it took me another 45 minutes to figure out what to say). I also had to stop everything and make a double batch of lemon bars for my primary meeting the next night. (James made a double batch of the coffee cake for me-so sweet-since that is what I decided to make for the big shin dig.) When I was finally finished with my card (I had to make seven of them) it was 9:45 p.m. and I was left with a messy kitchen table, a sore back (from leaning over so much-I need to learn how to stand straighter), and all of my scrapbooking supplies in disarray. I loved making the cards though, I just don't think I have it in me anymore to spend hours and hours on a few pages scrapbooking. I think I am all about scrapblogging which you can visit here. It's free, and I know I have posted about it before, but it sure saves me a lot of time, and my pages still turn out way cute (and best of all, I am left with a clean house when I am finished!)
Also on Tuesday night, we had a primary meeting (the reason I made the lemon bars) which lasted till 9 in the evening. Such a long day, and I was super happy to go home and just rest.
So today (Wednesday) was my late day at work. (I have to stay and collaborate with my teachers once a week.) I also had to pick up Grant from James' office. We decided to help James out a little more by having me come get him every once in a while. So I hurried over to grab him, and when I got there he was looking so tired! James helped me get his things into the car, and we were off. Before we were even out of the parking lot, Grant was asleep! When we got home, it is usually a gamble on whether or not he will stay asleep. As soon as I opened the door, he tried to wake up, but his head kept falling over. He was so tired. I put him straight in his crib and he slept till three. Now, I know I've said before that Wednesday's are physical therapy days, but the PT is out of town for the next two weeks! I love when she comes, but it's just nice to have a break. To not have to worry about the house being emaculate, and Grant having a nap and eating. Such a nice afternoon!
The best part to start off my day, is when I get Grant up first thing in the morning. We always go open the blinds in his room, and the wee bit of sunlight that comes in hits his face.So loving daylight savings time ending, so that we can catch a bit of sunlight early. His eyes get so wide, and he gets a huge smile on his face. He loves to play with the clear handle to turn the blinds up and down, and then we are off to breakfast. Every morning. What a great start to the day! Grant has also been staying up a little later which is fun for me. More time to play!
Also, just to let you know, I actually found a website that will let you publish your blog. It's called blog2print.com and they let you choose a cover, write a dedication, and choose a cover photo. They do everything else. They even let you choose the time frame, which for me, I plan on printing out every year. I have to say though, that some of my pictures aren't placed with my captions, but I am just so relieved to have this in hardcopy, that I really don't care! It also prints everyones comments-so all the more reason to leave a comment if you ask me. I think its a neat part of family history, and how fun for our future family to know so much about us. Anyway, if you haven't checked it out yet, you can here. I forgot to mention too, that it's really reasonably priced.
So, Saturday morning we are waking up to yet another snow storm. No chance of it getting really warm (in the 40s) till later this week. Our weather has been so bizarre, I am so ready for it to be over. James, being the wonderful optimist that he is, mentioned how green it will be when spring finally decides to come. Casper will be beautiful soon, I guess I am a little impatient for it to be here.
Have a great week!



6 comments:
I am also so tired of all the snow. We should have a huge party when its done. Sounds like a busy week. Thanks for all the great info you are awesome. what site do you use for your scrapbook?
I agree with the snow. I want sun! He is so adorable... I can't even stand it. I want to squeeze him!
Love you back !
Colleen
I totally know what you mean about scrapbooking. I think it is way too much work when you can do it all digital now. (I actually do neither and put my photos straight into albums...terrible I know!) Thanks for the link about printing off the blog..I will check that out!
Thanks for putting the info on printing your blog. You told me, but I forgot!!! I open the blinds with McKinley too!!! I like that our babies are so close in age. It's fun to see the same milestones.
Casper must be a lot like Panguitch...cold cold cold! (We're currently getting snow). I'm laughing at the picture of James out in the snow in shorts! Your little guy has grown so much and I haven't even met him in person :( We'll definitely have to meet up when you come down to St. George again.
Wow. So much info in just ONE post! I am glad you get to appreciate those little, quiet moments of being a mom (who works part time). As you talk about it, it reminds me so much of the days with just Lewis. Seems so long ago. Cherish those moments-they will be fond, fond memories in the years to come! Amen on the card making too. You should try to set up a card making group. That has saved me. I haven't even been in the group for the past two years but I still have a bunch of homemade cards left. It is great to just have a stash ready to go so you can still feel like MARTHA!
Post a Comment