CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Grant!




All day today (April 8th), I have been thinking about this wonderful day, and what I remember I was doing exactly one year ago today. This is the day that I finally became a mother to a special little boy. Here is our day (one year ago today)...




5:30 a.m. I was too nervous to sleep, and decided to get up and take a shower. James still laid in bed. I pulled on a pair of pajama pants and an Old Navy t-shirt.



6:00 a.m. I grabbed something to eat. Cheerios with bananas and some juice. I am so glad I ate something that morning, because at the time I didn't realize I would be doing the hardest work of my life on an empty stomach. (Something nobody ever tells you.)



6:15 I started grabbing last minute things that I forgot to pack. We managed to pack the deck of cards (that we never played), but forgot prenatal vitamins. :) The day is sunny and clear. Perfect spring day.




6:45 We loaded up the car, and said good bye to Cooper. We had to go to the bank before we went to the hospital. The light was taking a really long time to change, and James considered running it, even though I wasn't in labor (we had to be to the hospital by 7 a.m. since I was going to be induced.)



7:10 We arrive at the hospital, and check in. We get settled in the room, and turn on the TV where we watched the news. The big news of the day was how these teenage girls were videotaping themselves beating up another teenager. They kept showing it over and over. Gee. What a nice memory to have.




7:30 I am induced. I start to have little contractions and it was kind of fun watching them on the screen.



8:30 Starting to have serious contractions. Not really so fun anymore to watch the screen.



11:30 Sick of contractions and am begging for the epidural. The nurse kept telling me that the anesthesiologist was reading forms. I kept imagining him in a La-Z-Boy with his feet up, and reading papers, while I really needed his help.



12:00 The epidural is issued, and I am a happy camper. I rested, watched some TV and James and I talked and laughed. It was nice to think about something else for awhile.



5:05 My doctor comes and tells me that it is time for this baby to come.



5:48 p.m. Grant James Killpack is born. He weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces and was 19 inches long.



Grant is such a great baby. He loves the song Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. He has a healthy appetite. He is starting to practice walking. He is getting closer each day! Grant has sparkling big blue eyes, and is getting more and more hair on that head. He can wave hello or goodbye, and he has a smile which can brighten any room, and my day. We really wish we could be home right now so his grandparents can


snuggle him like crazy! Here is his year in pictures:



I was having some trouble with blogger, so this wasn't posted on his birthday which is April 8th.

We had such a fun time for Grant's first birthday. We kept it real simple, since we are going to have another party for him once Easter Vacation is over. I made a funfetti cake for Grant, and we put a white candle in the center. We opened a few gifts. James and I gave him some bath toys, and he got a green little piggy bank from the people at the bank James goes to for work. We have to go to Denver this weekend for Grant's Denver appointment. We are making a trip out of it. We are going to stay a few nights, and go to the Denver Children's Musuem, where they will have an Easter Egg Hunt. We also thought we would do a little shopping...maybe go out to eat-whatever. It'll be a fun weekend! Here are some pics of Grant's party. Doesn't he look so cute in his little hat? :)


Happy Birthday Buddy! We love you!


5 comments:

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!!!! Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend in Denver. Happy Easter!

The Mama said...

Happy birthday, you cute little guy! I love the hat too :)

The Walch Family said...

Happy First Birthday Sweet Boy! Yes! I loved the hat too ! Made me laugh out loud ! Can't wait till we get to see you. Love you and miss you... and we're SO glad that Grant had joined our family!

Sarah Hastings said...

Happy birthday Grant! What a big boy, looks like a super fun party!

Lyndi Daly said...

What an awesome idea with the pictures!!! You are so fun like that! I can't believe he is one! People always say how fast the time goes. You don't realize it until it's you:) Happy birthday Grant!