CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Party Party!

This past week James and I were thinking about the party we wanted to throw for Grant. We went back and forth for so long for a date on when to throw it, that we ended up having it the week after Easter. I was thinking about it, and this is pretty much the first party I have ever thrown! Crazy, that I have never done this before. We sent out the invites on Tuesday. I had so much fun shopping and finding things for our party that would make it extra special. We had so much fun on Saturday, that it made all the work so worth it. We wanted to throw a basketball/sports themed party. I made lemon cupcakes, and piped a basketball design on each one. We also served strawberries and grapes. Our party consisted of one game called, Play Ball With Your Baby, where the little ones had to throw a ball back to their parents, and whoever had the most "passes" would get a prize. I went on to imeem.com and made a playlist of all the sports themes I could find, and played them during the party. I found little party hats for our guests to wear, and they actually kept them on to the surprise of their parents! We took tons of pics which you can see a few of them below. We just had so much fun watching our babies play, and eventually opening gifts. Our little guests included Jamie Sibbett, McKinley Daly, and Elizabeth Linford and their parents.
















Grant received tons of great gifts which included books, tractor toys, and sorting shapes.
Honestly, it was so much fun! It reminded me of when my sister Steph would have parties for her two boys and I would come and help. It was fun to be able to do that for my son. At the end of the party during clean up, James said, "You really threw a good party." Yeah, I did. The hard part is actually thinking that he is one. I'm having such a hard time with that!






This week we pretty much got back to normal with the whole physical therapy thing. Can I just vent for a moment? Oh my gosh, here I am thinking that Grant is so right there with everything, and now I find out that "most one-year-olds are eating mostly table food right now." K, I have fed Grant a fruit and rice mixed in his bottle every morning, and he is offered meat and veggies in the mid afternoon, and for dinner, he eats what ever we are having for the most part. Not to mention snacks throughout the day. If I feel he hasn't gotten enough veggies I follow up with the baby food veggies. Yes, he is still getting baby food. I know there are some gasps out there as you read this, however, what's Grant supposed to do, choke on chunks of food? He has no chewing teeth. Is that the most terrible thing ever? I think there are worse things in life. As long as he is getting enough to eat, I really don't care what it is he's eating, as long as its nutritious. I guess I am really tired of yet again feeling like everyone is on board, I am left out in the dust with my baby.

And another thing is, we just had a doctors appointment, and I was asked about how often he eats a day, nothing about whether he is eating solid foods. I guess I am just sick of the "advice" I get. Enough. As long as he is full, can that be just fine?

Anyway, our weather has been grand. We have been hitting the low 70s and loving life. It's supposed to be nice for awhile, so hopefully we will break out those shorts!

As for other events, Grant is starting to stand by himself. We have to distract him with a toy in both hands before he realizes what he is doing, and then he bends his legs, and sits down. It's cute to watch. He's going to be toddling around before we know it!

2 comments:

The Walch Family said...

Jaime Sweetheart...
You need to just listen to the advice and smile and say thanks, and then do what is best for Grant, no one else. Everyone kept telling me the same thing about Justin... what? He's a year old and isn't walking? What? He's rolling and not crawling? What? He still has his bottle and baby food? Well, he is totally fine and so is Grant. You know what you need to do for YOUR baby, and no one else does... trust me. I agree with all of the advice. I guess I did that with all of my kids, but when you learn that he is just fine and growing and progressing, you must be doing something right! We love you and miss you. Hope that we get to see you this summer sometime!

Lyndi Daly said...

Jaime... You throw the BEST PARTIES EVER!!! It was so fun! Thank you for inviting us! As for the food issue...who cares! I'm with you. As long as they are getting nutrition that's good for me! You are a great mom! Don't worry about being on the band wagon! Be on the Jaime wagon:) Maybe I should care more, but I have the attitude that..."I know my baby and what she needs, so I'm just going to smile and say thank you to all your suggestions:)" I still feed her baby food, mostly for my sanity that she's getting what she needs:) I have a great idea...Let's have a play date soon and stuff our children with baby food:) That'll teach 'em:)
I hope you get my sense of humor:) And I do go crazy with all my smiles:) It's so you know that I'm happy and teasing, and joking:) Is this a long enough entry for you:) There I go again with my smilies:)