Our firsts have continued on to this week. The moment we have all been waiting for: Grant has taken his first steps! :) We are thrilled! It happened last Sunday in between 1:00 and 3:30. I know this because I was asleep at the time! I was taking a nap! anyway, James saw it... he walked one step in between the rocking chair and our sliding glass door. James was in close proximity at the time, and we had no idea, he would be doing this so quickly. He has been standing by himself for just a few days, so the fact that he wants to keep moving, when standing has been barely mastered is amazing to me. I did get to see the second and third steps, during a physical therapy session, but this was also the one day that James took the camera with him to work. I was so bummed! We will get some pics of this little boy and more of his first steps hopefully this week. We are so thrilled. I guess the average age for boys and walking is 13 months, so he is right on target.
Well, that's pretty much the climax of this week. Nothing new to report. School is drawing to a close. I have to say that I am so excited to be done, and focus on this toddling one year old of mine. Lots of things planned too, with Killpack reunion and parents coming to see us, and a baby blessing (hopefully in the summer, so I can come :) ) I can't wait to do some summer things with Grant, like swimming, play dates, and trips to the park. So fun.
This week I also attended a Miche Bag party. If you have never heard about it before its the coolest thing. You buy a basic brown or black purse, (which isn't too big and not too small, for me it's the perfect size), and then you pick out a "shell" that goes on the outside for decoration. I love this idea, because if I get tired of my old shell, I can put a new one on it, and still be able to keep the purse. It's a neat idea and you can check that out here.
James is also doing really well at work. His finance company have 2 million dollars in receiveables, so he took me, and the ladies he works with and their husbands out for dinner. We went to Old Chicago, and we had a really good time. The ladies he works with are also members of our ward, so we are all good friends. Afterward, we went to the movie Knowing. A little disappointed at the ending, but a good show. I am so proud of my husband, and the company he works for is lucky to have him. This makes it closer for us to move back to Utah.
In other news, we are planning on going to Seattle on May 14th through the 17th. We are so excited! The Red Sox are playing, and it has always been a dream of James to go see them live. They happen to be playing in Seattle on Friday night, and we are eagerly anticipating this occasion! It's a night game, so I don't know how Grant will do, but it will be fun even if I have to walk the stairs the whole time! We are also planning on seeing the Space Needle, and we are staying in Port Angeles and hopefully drive the Olympic Loop which is the scene for Twilight. We also heard of the science center, and an aquarium that sounded like fun. It seems like there is so much to do and so little time.
Grant is also getting used to table food more and more (though I still follow up with baby food if he has not eaten enough). He had eggs and sausage (which he loves), and he also really like the pork chow mein I made. (It was pretty good, this baby has good taste! :)) Still working on phasing out the bottle, but I still have two months to get that down pat, and so far Grant is doing okay with drinking out of a cup.



3 comments:
YEA!!!! I can't believe Grant is walking, that is awesome.
Your trip sounds like it will loads of fun. If you need anything let us know.
Hurray! That is so cool that Grant is walking! Please do put on a video of it, so we can see!
YIPEE GRANT! Good for you! That is totally awesome. I'm so proud of him. Have fun on your vacation as well. I'm off with my girlfriends for a little Las Vegas getaway this weekend. I can't wait! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment