CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Backyard Fun

This summer the kids and I had fun just being in the backyard. With two small kids running around, and never knowing what is going to set Grant off, we would just spend our time in our own backyard.


We discovered from the get go that Audrey is pretty daring. She would just climb up the ladder to the slide all by herself, which is amazing to me because those ladder rungs are pretty far apart. Notice that this is SUMMER and Audrey is wearing long pants and a shirt. Our summer took a long time to heat up this year!





Another fun thing we did almost everyday was play with sidewalk chalk. I would write the ABCs and Grant would say them to me. Soon we put letter into small words and Grant began reading them. This is the summer that Grant learned how to read small words and phrases! Sooooo proud of him.




Another fun activity for Grant was pushing his tricycle. James and I tried many many times to get him to ride it, but he enjoyed himself more with just pushing it. He is getting really close, so we will have to keep practicing!

More fun pics this summer!




What a handsome boy!





My shy little girl!








This was one of Audrey's fave things to do. She loves to just simply play in the dirt.







Both of them adore Grant's swing set he got for his birthday! Many many hours swinging and counting. Yes, counting. Grant also loves his numbers, and I want Audrey to learn them too. So every swing I would count, and see how long they would last. I think we broke 100 a few times before both of them would want to get off!




The closest Grant got to ever riding his tricycle! We will get there!




Some of our sidewalk art! I wrote what everything was under each picture, so Grant would recognize the words.




I pulled out the sprinkler quite a few time this year. Audrey LOVED it! Grant...not so much!


He stayed on the other side of the yard, and would not even come forward to get his pic! Too funny! Audrey enjoyed it though! She had no fear getting in the sprinkler and totally letting loose! So fun!!!




My sweet girl, who loves to be outside! I had a fun summer with my three year old, and 18 month old. I can't wait for the day when I get to stay with them full time!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: