CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carousel Cruising

James and I took to the kids to the Denver Zoo for part of my birthday weekend. It was way hot to say the least, so one of the first things we did to get out of the hot, hot sun was to ride the merry-go-round. James and I went in sections, so one of us could take pictures. I'm glad we caught Grant:



He looks terrified, and it only got worse from here:



This was at the end of the ride. Instead of progressively liking it, he progressively got worse!

Audrey's turn was a bit better. Like I said, we went to Denver Zoo on a hot day, and she does not take in the heat like her brother. She tends to get a little on the lethargic side. This was just before we dumped some cool water on her to cool her off. After that, she was her old self!

Her turn on the merry-go-round went like this:




She did not want to sit on one of the animals, and was perfectly content to ride!

We also took a train ride around the zoo:




I think she liked this better than the merry-go-round!



Grant liked seeing all of the animals. It was such a hot day, even the animals were staying in the shade. Do not recommend Denver Zoo in July...too stinkin' hot!




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: