CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Dates, Doctors, and Due Dates!

K, this week was sooo ten millions times better! We have gotten back into the swing of things, and things have settled back into the routine! Physical therapy went very well this week. I am reminded again, and again, by every one how important it is for him to crawl, and to not skip this important step. I've heard of kids just crawling for one week, and then they were walking, but for Grant, its really good for his brain development for him to crawl. It's really fun watching him. He's so close. He gets on his hands and knees and will rock for a few seconds before his hands give out from underneath him. Lots of time on that belly! He likes to just be down on the floor with some toys surrounding him and roll around trying to get them. He likes to squat stand (is that a term? :) ) at his Winnie the Pooh table and just play and look at himself in the mirror. It's really fun to watch him. I love this age! Everything he does is just cute!


Nine month doctors appointment this week! I can hardly believe it! He's growing so fast! Grant weighs 23 pounds which puts him in the 85th percentile for weight, and 29 3/4 inches for height which makes him 90th percentile for heighth. Maybe its my first child, I don't know, but always at every doctors appointment, they ask if Grant is doing certain things, and most of the time I say yes, but when I have to say no, I get worried, and ask,"Why, should he be?" And almost always the doctor will say, "Well that's really a 10 month behavior, if he did it now he'd be ahead." I realize that doctors need to find out everything that Grant is doing, but can't they rephrase the question? Can't they say, "He'd be ahead if he's doing this, but is he...?" Just to save me some anxiousness? It's not just me, a couple of other first time moms have had the same experience with their doctors, but my question is, will I get better about this, the more kids I have? I hope so.
Some exciting and wonderful news!!! My sister who has had such a journey getting pregnant is finally expecting, but not before they went and filled out adoption papers. They found out this week that, through adoption, they are also expecting a BABY GIRL in April, one month before BABY BOY is to be born! That's right! Two babies! We couldn't be more happy for them, and I have been floating ever since she told us!

Dinner and a movie-James and I finally got to do this rare treat this week! We found a sweet girl in our ward who has a family of 7 kids, to come over and watch Grant while James and I went to dinner and saw the movie Marley and Me. Gone are the days of just dropping everything and going to do whatever! We honestly had to plan this a week in advance, and we both so looked forward to going like we never had before. I guess before you have kids you tend to take things like this for granted-well not anymore! We really had such a good time, and the movie Marley and Me is so cute! The book was better at describing Marley's antics, and the reasons he really was such a good dog, but it really portrayed the family well at loving this crazy animal! So cute, I just love dogs! Anyone who has ever had trouble getting pregnant needs to get a dog!They are the best! This movie made us think of Cooper, and all the crazy things he used to do!
Grant is really starting to notice Cooper, and Cooper is starting to be more tolerant of Grant. He will let Grant pet him, and Cooper is the motivation for Grant's rolling around so much on the floor.
Grant and Cooper like to play while Grant is rolling around on the floor.
I couldn't resist the two of them playing with Grant's ball. Someday we'll get hair on that head!

This is our Sunday afternoon. We love 9:00 church. Grant is so much more well-behaved in the morning, and in the afternoons we have naps, and he wakes up so much happier!

So, in short, much better this week! And I am still sticking to my resolutions! Usually I would have fallen off the wagon by now, but I am determined!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Let us know how you are doing!

5 comments:

Maman Pélissié said...

Good job with your resolution!
I am really excited for Steph too! Our friends adopted 2 babies at the same time, and they love having them so close together. I am so happy for them!
Don't be worried at doctors appointments. He will do it when they are ready. My boys crawled and walked "late." They are just fine, and seriously what exactly is "normal."

The Walch Family said...

Jaime... you must remember that Justin didn't crawl... And to be honest with you... you weren't a big crawler at first either. You ( and Justin) would just sit on your blanket on the floor with toys all around and you would both be so contented. Such good babies. He's just taking after his mama ! Missed you at the farewell. it was just amazing ! Love you !

Sarah Hastings said...

Glad you had a better week! That is so exciting about your sister, 2babies! I was the same way at Anna's Dr. appointments. As they get older I think you get less paranoid.

The Mama said...

Jaime! I can't tell you how fun it is to read all your posts and read all about you and James and your handsome little Grant (love that name!). Thank you for giving me your blog, I will be checking in on you quite a bit! Boy, I have missed you!! Oh, I have a blog too! And you are more than welome to check it out. (journeyof5.blogspot.com)

Steph said...

Jaime!
Thanks for the SHOUT OUT about our aweosme baby news! So nice of you. I have had ZERO time to blog lately. It was fun to catch up on your posts and your blog makeover. I still have yet to do anything new with mine! I better get to it-Once the babes arrive-I'm sure I'll have little time to do anything other than diapers and feeding:)