CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our Merry Christmas

We had so much fun this holiday with it being Grant's first Christmas. We spent a week at Grandma Jeanne's. We had fun baking, running goodie plates to friends, doing last minute shopping, and of course, eating! Nothing like scotcheroos and sugar cookies to make the season bright! Here is what our week consisted of: Grant's big gift from Santa was a Disney Stand and Learn Table. Hopefully to get those chubby legs standing on their own!

Big THANKS! to all of the wonderful gifts we received for Christmas. Grant had a wonderful one which consisted of:
Grandma Jeanne: Squishy blocks and blue teddy bear
Aunt Kristin: Kitty toy
Aunt Steph: Barnyard Buddies
Grandma Shauna and Grandpa Robert: Crawl Ball


If there is anyone we forgot, huge thanks for thinking of us!

Our December in Pictures:







Grant got a sled from one of James' secretaries at work. Can't wait till its not that cold to take him out in it.
Grant got a sweater for Christmas. My goodness, he looks older in it!

What December would be complete without a visit from Santa? Grant tolerated his first visit pretty well.


I couldn't resist this picture of Grant by his first Christmas tree. I can't wait till our tree holds the ornaments he makes in school.

Till then bulbs and ribbon will have to do.

I bought Grant a little Santa hat. It barely fits his head, but he looks cute in it just the same.

Grant also turned 8 months in December. Every month on the 8th I take a picture of him so we can see his growth and put them in his baby book. I can hardly believe it! The time goes so fast. I invited our friend Lyndi and her daughter McKinley over to watch White Christmas-one of my all time favorite Christmas movies, and our babies sort of enjoyed each other's company. I say "sort of," because Grant is into squealing and I think it scared McKinley. I hope they will still want to come over! :)


Grant got to see people we just live too far away from:



Aunt Stephanie who we found out is expecting a little boy in May! We are so happy for her and her family.







Grandma Shauna and Grandpa Robert also got to spend some time with their newest grandbaby.


My parents also saw us, we just didn't get any pics with them this time! We remembered at 6:00 on the morning we left, and we just weren't ready to take pics at this time.


We had a great holiday, but among the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I also enjoy the warm spirit we feel around this time every year when we remember the birth of our Savior and think of all the wonderful things He has done and continues to do for us.







6 comments:

Steph said...

Good stuff. I can't beleive Christmsd is over. It went way too fast. Enjoy the last few days of vacation:) Grant needs some extra hugs from us!

Maman Pélissié said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I heard the weather was horrible. Glad you were safe!
I finally had time to check Steph's blog tonight, and it looks like it is private. I know you told me it wasn't, but she must have changed it. Can you give her my e-mail?

Sarah Hastings said...

What a fun christmas! I can't believe how big Grant is getting, he is turning into such a little man!

The Walch Family said...

He is just adorable. I wish that we lived closer so that we could enjoy these babies too ! Miss you and love you !

Lyndi Daly said...

Hey! I still laugh about how she cried when he screamed:) Don't worry, she has started screaming now too:) Our little babies aren't little anymore!

The Walch Family said...

Hey Jaime...
I need to have your address to send you Jared's announcement for his farewell. I know that you can't come but I wanted you to know that we were thinking of you anyway and will miss you ... love you !