Craziness-the perfect word to describe the events this week! On Tuesday morning, I got up, as usual, at 5:00 to get ready work. I like to wake up this early, so I can get completely ready so I can feed and play with Grant before I go to work. At 6:00 I went and got Grant (he's usually cooing by now), and proceeded to the kitchen so I can start feeding him. At 6:10 my phone starts to ring. Who would call so stinkin' early in the morning?Well, its my school district warning us that there will be no school on this day, due to extremely cold wind chills, and white out conditions. James and I looked on the weather channel and discovered we were at -24. Wahoo!!! So excited to spend the day with my little guy, but I couldn't help but think about a few weeks ago when we had a school day, James and I were watching the weather, and we had wind chills of -20. Hmmm.... My question is what's the breaking point? -20 doesn't cause school to be closed, but -24 does? Cold is cold. Once you hit the negatives, it all feels the same! Anywho, extremely glad to stay home and be warm in our house. Then I was reminded that I actually signed up to take ice cream (of all things) to the church for a missionary zone conference. Thankfully, I didn't get stuck, but it was my first venture driving in blowing snow, that was so thick I could hardly see in front of me. And for some reason, Casper doesn't believe in plowing snow on residential streets, so driving on them is like taking your life into your own hands. We made it safely, and the missionaries got thier ice cream, so I need to be really thankful that we have the means to get around sort of okay in the snow.
But, our Snow Day doesn't end there. The next morning, I woke up at 5 am as usual, thought to myself, "for sure school is going to start today," got ready for work, was just about to see if Grant was awake, when I received yet another early call on the phone. This time they will be starting school 2 hours later than usual. Isn't that bazarre? So, school for us started at 11 am. And can I just say how hard it was for the kids? My goodness, those little souls just cannot handle a change in schedule like that! All about routine! It was a crazy 2 days, and the weekend came in snap!
Some Grant updates:
Grant is sitting up by himself this week. This morning I found him like this in his crib:
He is also belly crawling. At least we're finally going forward!
Grant also likes to make airplane noises. Here is the demo of what I mean:
He makes this noise almost all day long in the midst of his play. James and I will do it back to him, and he just does it all the more! Personally, I think it's pretty darn cute!
One of Grant's fave toys when the Physical Therapist comes is this rubber giraffe that squeaks. She has to pry it away everytime she wants it back.Whenever I ask her where she got it, she'd say she got it in a magazine or catalog.I wonder if she didn't want me to find one for him. Hmmm... I actually found it online and gave it to him this week. He loves it. After we gave it to him, he held on to it for a couple of hours before we had to take it out of his hands and put him to bed. It's called Sophie the Giraffe, but we think we will name him Jeffrey. Here is what he looks like:
Our temps are finally warming up on this Sunday morning. "Warm" for us these days are 30 to 40 degrees! Yeah, I think we have been finally desensitized from St. George's warm weather. James and I are finding ourselves saying, "Wow, it's not so bad, its 19 degrees out!" Truly, this was actually said this week.
Hmmmmm.... lets see.....:)
16 years ago



6 comments:
I love the airplane noises. He is doing great with is belly crawl. My little Sebastien did an "army roll" before he crawled. You can see that here:http://everydaypelissie.blogspot.com/2007/10/why-crawl-when-you-can.html
Seriously, Grant is so cute. I think he looks like you. Do people tell you that?
He is so cute... and yes ! He looks exactly like you when you were a baby. Just put dark curly hair on him.. .and you have Jaime ! I love his noises. They are funny !!! Oh, how being a mom changes us... huh? The things that we want to do all revolve around these little munchkins. But oh, so worth it. Love and miss you !
I love his airplane noises!!! We have cute babies!
Dude. I could never. I don't know how we did? Snow. Below negative temps? It's just not right!
Oh Jaime, I thought we had it bad! That is freezing!! Okay, now you have to move to Utah!! And I love the videos of Grant, what a cutie!
Grant is so super cute. Did we all sign up that day, at least you didn't get stuck. We did for 45 mins. before someone came to help. CRAZY. You guys are awesome.
Post a Comment