I knew when I took my tutoring job in the summer, that I would have to come back and do something that is called Winter Bridges with the kids in my school. Winter Bridges is where lower at risk students are invited back a week before school starts to sort of "catch up" and receive extra instruction. It's very laid back and its in a small group setting so it's actually kind of fun for the students and the teachers. It lasts only a half a day, and it started this past Monday and went till Friday. It appeared in my job description as something that all tutors would be responsible for. I found out in September that not only would we have to do Winter Bridges for a half a day, we also had to go to trainings every day until 4:00. I was a little bummed when I found this out. I know its only for a week, but I thought about Grant and how this would completely upset his routine. I kept putting it off, until it actually came upon me. January 5th. I scrambled all weekend before it started to make sure I had the books that I needed and the materials I needed (we did a recipe from each country every day of the week). Of course, I wasn't able to sleep very well the night before because I WORRY way too much about things that are new to me. In short, I didn't need to worry. The kids had a wonderful time and all went well with out a hitch.
I just really missed my baby.
I had to pick Grant up every day at 4:00 after all my trainings were done. The long days at James' work were hard on him. He wasn't able to take naps like he's used too, and his food schedule was all liquid since James isn't able to feed him proper at the office. So when I got home, I made sure he got his meat and veggies, and was able to squeeze in a little cereal before bedtime.
And that's another thing. I only got to see him for a few hours before bedtime. Not enough time if you ask me. The days seemed to D R A G by. It seems like when you really want something to be over, it just takes it sweet time to get done. And just the opposite. Things you want to last forever, are over in a snap. This past week just confirms the fact for me how blessed I am to only have to work part time. I don't know how I would be doing otherwise. This little boy we have is growing up so completely fast, it makes me breathless. He turned nine months on Thursday. Nine months. I did manage to take some nine month pics before bedtime.
I think Grant is also thankful for the week to be over. I think even little babies like their routines. So looking forward to next week. Grant has a doctors appointment, and his physical therapy starts up again. I think we're all glad to get this week behind us!
Grant's nine month picture. I had to move around a lot to make him smile, so the camera wasn't in its proper place. I guess that's why they invented tripods!

The end of an era. Grant was too big for his infant car seat, so we had to buy him a new one. Look how huge he looks!
This week should be tons better! Can't wait!



7 comments:
We have the same carseat for Nate. Love you! And miss you!
Hey Grent is so cute miss you and love you guys
sorry i spelled his name wrong !opps
Goodness he's growing fast! I know what you mean about working. I'm only working 3 hours a day and it feels like waaayyy too much. Not sure I'll do it again next year. I'm glad your long work week is over and you get to spend more time with your little man :)
The pictures of Grant are so cute! You did a grea job on your talk!!
you are the cutest. you did so well today in church. I am glad your week is over for you ant that you can get back to normal. I am so ready for that as well. :) Love the kids but glad they get to go back to school. he he..
love you guys. Grant is super cute.
Believe me I know about long weeks... months? I hope that this is over soon for us! Jared is way to excited. You should get your invitation soon. Love you and miss you tons !
Post a Comment