I know, I know. Every year the whole world makes resolutions to start the new year, and by the end of the year you either forget what your resolution was, or you knowingly "fall off the wagon." I thought for me this year if I blog them and make a record of them I might be better at keeping them for the whole year through. This year, I have to say how easy it was to set my resolutions. I usually go back and forth and think about it for awhile, but this year, my resolutions sort of found me. Here are my resolutions for 2009:
1. Getting my food storage in order. We all know that we have been commissioned by our Prophets to have at least a 3 month food supply (should something ever happen). And to not only have it, but to use it and rotate the food to keep it fresh. To help me in this endeavor, I want to learn how to can items and to cook using food storage items. My Relief Society has also been a huge help. They must have recognized a lot of people would be wanting to be better at this, and made a list of things to buy and can for every week of the year. It's perfect. So by this time next year, I should have an adequate food storage for my family. Way excited about this!
2. To read 50 books in 2009. This will be a huge task for me now, but one that I am looking forward too. I love to read. If someone could pay me just to read, I would be happy camper! I love, love, LOVE it! (I love teaching my little ones to read, though! So fun!) Anyway, I'm going to be counting each and every book I read as part of my 50. Picture books for Grant, all the way up to novels. I am so looking forward to this. I also want to read books that are a little out of my comfort zone. I have started Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice too many times to count, but I am going to finish it from cover to cover. I don't know what it is, I just have to be in the mood for it or something. I know, its classic literature, and I will read it by the end of the year.
3. To post our lives every week. I need to be better at documenting this time in our lives. Especially now that we have Grant, I need to be better at documenting all the wonderfully amazing things he does. So, by the end of the year, I want to have 52 posts that journal what is going on in our lives that particular week. My friend has a blog that she writes in everyday, as a family journal, and I think how lucky they are to have such a neat record of their lives. I think every day for me is a little ambitious, so I am just going for every week. I hope I can keep up!
Well I wish you all a Happy New Year!
Well I wish you all a Happy New Year!
(I just thought the pic of Grant was so cute, I had to stick it on even though it has nothing to do with resolutions!)



2 comments:
Such a cute picture! Good luck with your resolutions!!!
he is so cute. i will take alot of pics and post them. we all love you and miss you. ;)
Post a Comment