CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ready for Thanksgiving

Our first Thanksgiving in our new house, found Audrey like this:


A change of plans this year. Since we had moved in to our new house, my family wanted to come and spend Thanksgiving with us. Well, I hope that is not the only reason, and this will be a tradition every other year. It was sort of a big deal, in that my oldest sister Kristin, we hadn't seen her in a very long time. So my family, and extended family were really anticipating her arrival.
I have to say, that since I have married James, I have discovered how truly important these big family dinners are. When James and his family have Thanksgiving, there is plenty and tons to go around. I think everyone brings a side dish or two. My family is a little more on the "do we have enough" side. Meaning, we make just enough for everyone to have one good meal. James was very concerned about the turkey, and the number of side dishes being presented. It turned out well, and he need not have worried me. We roasted the turkey in my Mom's turkey roaster, since my oven was on the fritz. Everyone had a good meal, and we had time for games once we were finished.








I love James' grin around our table. He likes playing games with my family just as much as I do. The pie we were having was also really good!




-Grant, of course, had to get in with the iPad. Lewis, Brayden, and Conner were great about sharing it.







Sometimes, Grant got a little too much into it.





Cute, huh? I love these cousin pictures! We need more of them!




Our Thanksgiving bunch. We had a great day. Thanks to my sisters and their families who traveled to get to our house. Hopefully a new tradition has started! :)
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: