CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 17, 2011

Grant's First Haircut


























On March 5, 2011, I was just sitting in my chair watching my kids play, and just thinking how OUT OF CONTROL Grant's hair was getting to be. Audrey's hair is also getting long, and I have to do her hair or else she looks like a ragga muffin. Grant's hair was taking longer to do than Audrey's. And that is saying something. Audrey isn't the most compliant when I am doing her hair. Some days are better than others. So I was just looking at that massive amount adorable out of control hair, and finally thinking that "today is the day." I had no idea even the night before that I would be cutting Grant's hair. It just happened in a minute. I grabbed our clippers, got the biggest size of attachment I could find, and grabbed my toddler. I made him sit on Daddy's lap, and he was suprisingly good. I asked James, how I should do this, and he said, since I am just "buzzing it" it doesn't really matter. So I went for it. I held those clippers in my hand and did the deed.






Then I cried.






It was sad for me to see all those little baby curls on the floor, and finally realizing he is not a baby anymore. He is a preschooler, who needs to look like a little boy.






So it's done. And I am please with the result. He looks so much like a little boy now! It really grew him up a lot. It is short in these pics, but right now, it is just a good length. He still has his curls, so I am happy! :)

Look at how out of control it was! So happy that the deed is done. (And yes, I saved a curl!)

0 comments: