Grant turned three on April 8th! I feel bad-it was crummy weather that whole weekend. James managed to get the swing set up in time for his birthday, but it was too cold and crummy to play on it! He didn't get a chance to do that until the day before Easter. But we made it a good day for him! His birthday of course started with pancakes shaped like threes. (A family tradition since I was a kid!) He got to wear a new shirt given to him by his Grandma Jeanne. He looked way cute in it. Since his birthday fell on a Friday, I still had to go to work, but his cute babysitter, a gal in our ward named Kristin Taylor, took him to Wal-Mart, and he picked out a letter puzzle and a Hot Wheels car. I adore our sitter-she is absolutely amazing!
Another not so fun thing that happened-I took some pics of James and Audrey, and accidently left the camera on! So at the time of our party, I couldn't take any more pictures. We had to take them on our phones-so bummed!
Anyway, I made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting which Grant LOVED! He kept saying, "Cake, cake." We had to help just a little with blowing out the candle-I think he is finally getting the whole birthday business. Audrey gave him a set of Hot Wheels which Grant also loved. I had a happy three year old by the time the day was through. Just wish we could have played on the swing set, since that was his big gift this year!



0 comments:
Post a Comment