Grant's last day of therapy took place at the end of March. The end of an era. Grant had been seeing someone from the Child Development Center since he was almost 2 months old. They came once a week for about 2 1/2 years, and then increased his time to 4 days a week. He has really excelled in the past year. It has been amazing.
Grant's speech therapist Casey Hopman, who came when Grant was 2 and a 1/2 years old. She came twice a week on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. She's actually LDS and we would have great talks about our kids. I feel like it is worth mentioning that she is LDS since that is so hard to come by. Don't get me wrong...the church is strong here, it's just nice to know someone else is. I've learned not to take that for granted!

This is Kelly Taubert. She was Grant's Occupational Therapist (often called Physical Therapist by me). She started seeing Grant when he was 2 months old. For a long time it was only once a week, and then she started to come twice a week. Grant always looked forward to her visits. Near the end, he gave her a kiss on the leg. How cute is that!

Of course, Audrey would want to get into the fun. She looked forward to the visitors as much as Grant did. She always wanted to climb into the chair that one of them would always bring.

Grant and Audrey loved this drum! Oh my! So glad that I do not own one. The keyboard downstairs is enough for me! The gal on the left is named Bree. She came to get Grant acquainted with a program that they apparently use in preschool. (I say "apparently" because I have yet to see it make an appearance in his preschool sessions.)
All in all, it is a great program, for infants to three. They come to your house! You don't have to haul your kids anywhere. And it's FREE!
I've also been impressed with Grant's preschool which is also from the same outfit. More about that though, in upcoming posts.
0 comments:
Post a Comment