CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 3, 2014

Finally Hogle Zoo

We tried to do this trip a month ago, but it didn't quite work out. We finally made it so that we could go to Hogle Zoo on Labor Day weekend in September.
I loved going this time of year. We thought it would be so busy, but it really wasn't. The sun stayed behind some clouds, and it was actually really fun to be outdoors.







-



















This bear was super cute. It was really interacting with the crowd.










I like giraffes. They deserve lots of pictures. :) We liked this mama and baby giraffe. It makes me smile!












This tiger was pretty cool, too, but when it was all said and done, the kids would rather be doing this:












While I was still intrigued by these little guys:








Pretty scary. I was very grateful for the barrier between us. I don't know how I would do in that Everglades Park in Florida. I think they have crocodiles that just wander around...no thank you.




Touring the zoo took us all morning. It would be so much fun to go again, since every experience is different. We sat at these little tables and at some lunch. We brought that in, so Grant stuck to his diet the whole time we were there.







Another cute one of Audrey and Daddy.




Since we spent all morning at the zoo and we were so close to the This is the Place memorial, we packed up, and took the kids to those sights.







I think places like this are more fun for Mom and Dad then they are for the kids. Hopefully as they get older, they will be more fun to take to stuff. I don't think they were quite getting this, after our morning at the zoo. We will try again another day!




We also took them to the State Capital. It was open, and quite vast and pretty going inside. By this time, I think the kids were done, but I loved going inside that big building I used to look at while going to Aunt Melba's apartment. :)



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: